Skip to main content
History of the freight centre
- 1937: creation of the first company of the Group, Magasins Généraux de Monsin, called Magemon to shorten this long name. Initially working with coal, Magemon then developed into the warehousing and handling of products such as steel, ferrous alloys and wood.
- 1971: creation of Magemon Transports, shortened to Magetra, to separate the road haulage activities.
- In 1997, shares were bought in the Spedirail company and the Rail Route Express company was bought out, which operated in combined transports (rail / road) in Italy.
- 2000: first implantation in Eastern Europe with the creation of Rudniccy-Magetra in Gdansk in Poland.
- 2004: buying out of two companies, Transports Lambert Frères in Thimister and Lemco in Luxembourg and their own fleet – Magetra became a transport company and Lemco became Magetralux.
- 2005: creation of Magetra Slovakia in Bratislava in Slovakia; a transport company with their own fleet.
- 2011: takeover of the Transport Group Mathieu and its subsidiaries.
- September 2012: merging of Magetra SA and Mathieu SA and creation of Magetra International SA.
- 2013: building of 17,000 m² parking, 2,500 m² transshipment hall as well as the extension of our workshop in Eupen.
- 2014: renewal and increase of our own fleet.
- 2015: development of our combined transport (rail-road) in Italy with daily departures.